I love fall weather! Fall weather makes me think of late nights outside sitting by a bonfire chatting with friends or family while eating smores! With National Desert Day coming up on October 14th, I decided that what better time to make some s'more brownies. These are super simple and so pretty to look at. It warms your tummy just as much as your heart! Here is how you make them.
1 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup of granulated sugar
1/3 cup butter (melted)
1 box of your favorite brownie mix (I love buying the box of Ghirardelli brownie mix from Costco)
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 bag of marshmallows
1. Pre-heat oven to 350F
2.Line a 9x9 pan with foil or parchment paper and spray well with cooking spray.
3. Make crust. In a medium sized bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter until it starts to form crust.
4. Press graham cracker crust into bottom of your prepared pan. Press crust firmly down with hands.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until crust if lightly brown
6. Make brownies. Follow the directions for the brownies on the box.
7. Add chocolate chips
8. Pour brownie mix on top of crust. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
9. Turn oven on broil high.
10. Arrange marshmallows onto brownies and place the pan into the oven. This step you must watch the oven very carefully because they will start to brown up very fast. Once they look toasted and brown on the top of the marshmallows, pull them out and let them cool completely before cutting up and serving.
I hope you you try this easy recipe and if you do don't forget to tag #thesimplelifeoftrisha