Carved stuffed peppers, I mean what is better than cute food! This is a meal I get asked to make a lot by my husband. Since I love him, I try to make it when he does ask. If you ask anyone who knows him, they will say he has always eaten very simple. He may get chicken fingers and fries, or chicken fried rice with no vegetables, and even expected me to cook the same way. I come from a family who says you get what they make or you get toast and sent to bed. There are some things I am still not a fan of, but I appreciate the vegetables now. I am ever so happy to be involved with the branching out of my very simple eater of a husband! Sometimes I make things just to try something new, and him being the amazing person he is will eat it. Even if it was horrible or something he did not like very much, he will always tell me it was good. Thankfully that is not very often, but little does he know, I can tell when he does not like it. With this being said, he tried stuffed peppers and he loves them and asks for them all the time! This is how I make mine, and with a little flare of fun for the holidays. We all know I cannot miss and opportunity to be festive!
Halloween Stuffed Peppers
4 orange peppers
1 pack of ground turkey meat
1 package of taco seasoning
1/2 of an white onion
Salt and pepper for seasoning
Shredded Mexican blend cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Carve out a jack-o-lantern face on each. Then cut the tops off and take out the seeds.
3. Place the peppers and tops in the oven to sweat for about 10-15 minutes
2. Use a skillet with a little oil and brown your onions. Once those are browned, throw in your turkey meat and break up. Cook until the pink is gone. Once it is cooked through, add your taco seasoning, and 2/3 cup of water. Mix well. Once the water is evaporated, take off heat.
3. Now, once the peppers are done, take those out of the oven and stuff with your turkey mixture. Then, stick back in the oven for 5 minutes. After that, pull back out one more time and cover the tops of the meat with cheese and stick back in until the cheese is melted for about 2-3 minutes.
I hope you try this recipe and If you do don't forget to tag #thesimplelifeoftrisha