DIY Wooden Houses
This year I have seen a trend of using houses as decor. I'm sure most of us have seen a Christmas village or two over the years. As a child, I used to love going to my Grandma's house and admiring all the villages. My favorite was the ice skating rink. There is just something about looking at a house figure that makes you feel right at home. I've always wanted a white ceramic village. Until then, I decided that I wanted to create a set of homes for myself. So I called up my ever so handy brother and told / drew up my plan. Then it's just as simple as these very few steps.
Things you need:
1. 4x4 piece of wood
2. saw table
3. sand paper
4. Paint brush
5. white paint ( optional)
7. gold leaf ( optional)
1. A 4x4 piece of wood, or any wood that you think will stand up on its own. We used an old wood pole because I wanted a more rustic look to it.
2. I would pre-plan on how tall you want your tallest house. I made mine all different, but if you start with the tallest then the rest you just take off 1 or 1 1/2 inches for the next. I made a set of three, because I thought thats what looked the best.
2. After you have your houses all cut, I then took a piece of sand paper and sanded the edges and sides to make as smooth as you would like.
3. Then I took a paint brush and lightly brushed on some white paint.
4. After the paint dries, I then took some glue and placed a little in corners in the middle and spread it around.
5. Then I took my sheet of gold leaf and applied it to the glue.
6. After letting it dry you can brush some of the leaf off to give the effect of the fade.
That is literally it! S,o super easy and I think they just look great! If you try this project at home don't forget to tag #thesimplelifeoftrisha on Instagram!